Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 16th & 17th, 2012

On the 16th, I looked over and saw something that shouldn't be strange to me at this point, but it was.





























Apparently Bootstrap found this position comfortable. I don't know why. I also don't know why Daniel let him lay like that, but he did. I think he enjoys reveling in Bootstrap's snuggle favoritism. It's the same when he's sleeping, Daniel will shift around like a pretzel rather than dare disturb the cat; whereas I will pick Bootstrap up and move him over if he's impeding my sleeping space.

Today was a frustrating yet satisfying day, full of a lot of clanging and shouting and swearing.






































All for this thing.

Now that it's up I'm glad, I like it a lot. But, putting it up was annoying as fucking hell. I had to smash a spring loaded metal tube (that kept falling apart at the seams, might I add) so that it would fit in the corner. All the while, Bootstrap is hopping around my feet, knocking over bath products and creating a general atmosphere of chaos which added to my frustration perfectly.

A number of times, I threw the whole concoction on the floor, sending tubes and baskets flying. It took quite a few tries, and quite a few catastrophes for me to get this thing wedged in the corner. It basically took me channeling my inner Hulk. Maybe I should've waited for Daniel's help, but I have a pride problem - once I put together almost an entire dresser by myself when I could've just as easily waited for my husband to come home from work and help.

Whaddyagonnado, it's how I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment