Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 1st - 5th, 2012

On the first, I took Barnacle for a long walk. I came home and the first words I uttered were "how did you get all wet?!"

 



























Of course my first reaction was to document it for 365, because that's just the kind of caring, loving, nurturing pet-mom I am. Then I dried him off as best I could, and after that I looked for anything to indicate how the hell Bootstrap ended up soaking wet. No faucets were running, no big puddles were on the floor or the counter, nothing - he left no evidence.

The only thing I can figure is he jumped in the shower, took a quick rinse, and hopped out - turning the water off after he was done.

On the second, I rolled over and saw this popping out from under the bed.






































He's a psycho cat, obviously.

On the third Self Help finally had caulk.




























Now, we can start repairing the damage Barnacle inflicted on our crappy government walls. Of course, Bootstrap was very interested.

Again on the third, we have a Bootstrap incident.






































Usually I don't attribute much intuitive compassion to Bootstrap. More often than not he's either running around like a psycho, getting into something like a psycho, or sleeping. But, on the third I was upset about something or other - just finished crying - and he wandered over and laid down on my shoulder. He hasn't done that since he was a kitten.

Crazy cat.

On the fourth, my curling iron gasped its last sizzling breath.



























It's been slowly falling apart for awhile, but on the fourth I picked it up and it literally fell apart, like blowing on a dandelion.

I bought a new one at the PX for $11, so it better last forever.

Finally, today.






































It was a cold and rainy day, but I still took Barnacle out for a walk, because that's just the kind of caring, loving, nurturing pet-mom I am. It wasn't a total loss, I did get to see some pretty trees that were actually flowering despite the weather.

Silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment