Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 29th & 30th, 2012

After such a lengthy absence/blog post, I figured you deserved a quick one (ladies).

So, on the 28th, I discovered something about Barnacle.






































Barnacle would rather be in his crate than anywhere else.

We moved his crate into the living room when our friends came to visit, partly because we didn't want to be the crazy people whose dog has his own room, and partly because we didn't think they'd want to sleep in the same room as him. He seemed to like his crate being in the living room so we decided to leave it where it is and now it's where he sleeps, always. He didn't even get out of his crate to greet me when I got home tonight.

My theory is that he loves his crate, but would only sleep in there (on his own accord) sometimes because it was in a room separate from us, and Barnacle likes to be in the same room as people. So, now he can sleep in comfort and be in the same room as we are; we have made his life easier unknowingly.

Today was a bittersweet day.






































My last day at Army Lodging.

It's true, I'm happy to have only one job with more convenient hours. However, I liked working at the hotel, mostly because I liked the people there, and I'm really going to miss them. It's one of the only jobs I've ever had where I'd spend a good hour just talking to a coworker, there are a really good group of people working there.

The good news is, I left on a good note and it's not like I can't visit. I'm also still working for MWR, so I will still be in the same branch of NAF and thus more likely to come in contact with them via work.

So I was happy/sad to leave, which is I think the Webster's definition of bittersweet - slash and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment