Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 10th - 12th, 2012

A side effect of it being fucking freezing out is that the snow is sticking and any body of water is freezing over. Case in point: the 10th.




























This picture is a little creepy on my part, but it was the only way to capture the Charlie Brown scene enfolding outside my window.

There's a river across the street from our building, and it turns out people ice skate on it when it freezes. So, for the past week or so, I've been treated to a live action opening scene of "It's Christmas, Charlie Brown" when I look out the window.

I have no desire to join the skaters. I do not enjoy slippery surfaces, and I enjoy falling on my ass even less. But, it does feel like Christmas when I look outside now, more so than it did two months ago when it actually was Christmas. Go figure.

On the 11th I learned not to look a Curtain Horse in the mouth.






























A woman who was staying at the hotel offered up her used curtains to me for free. She told me that she was throwing them away and would rather they go to someone who could use them. We've been living here for 10 months now and only have one set of curtains, so I took the trash bag of linen.

I got them home and went through them and only found two sets that I could put up. I don't have much of a design scheme, but orange and yellow aren't my favorite colors, so those got discarded. Anyway, I took the turquoise ones and a white set. I put the white set up in the living room, because they're see-through and no one can really look into the living room anyway, and I put the turquoise sets up in the bedrooms.

I'm very grateful to my curtain fairy, because now we have privacy in our bedroom, where we only had semi-privacy before. Plus, we layered the curtains and it would appear that double curtains almost equals blackout curtains, which comes in handy when my husband is working the overnight shift and sleeping until 2 pm.

Also, that is Bootstrap being a creeper.

Finally, today, the perennial question must be asked...







































BOY OR GIRL!??!

I've been seeing these signs for weeks, and wanting a picture of one for the same amount of time. I'm under the assumption that it is a politician. I also assume that this is a transgender individual, but perhaps I am wrong.

Seriously, I've been studying this picture for weeks, and I can't figure out if it is a pretty man or an ugly woman. Furthermore, if you were to just look at his/her eyes, she appears very angry and/or evil. But his/her mouth is smiling. It's a conundrum for sure.

I've never come across a political poster more confounding.

2 comments:

  1. I bought curtains over the summer because the boys were getting up too early during the summer (the sun shines into that side of the house in the morning). I've never had curtains before and I love having them now. I bought really pretty ones for my bedroom and I'll be sad if I can't use them when I move!

    Also, I have no idea as to the gender. I'm gonna guess transgender? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need curtains because there are no effing blinds in Germany, because it sucks here.

      Delete