Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 3rd - 5th, 2012

Barnacle is a very opportunistic dog. February 3rd:




























Bootstrap had a clumsy moment which led to this one. He was in a frenzy to get to the milk I poured for him, and lets just say he's not the world's most graceful jumper. Anyway, his food dish went flipping through the air after he landed on it at an awkward angle and it landed belly up on the kitchen floor - that's where Barnacle comes in.

At least this time he had a legitimate reason to eat Bootstrap's food. Any food left on the floor is fair game for the dog, everyone knows that. But, Barnacle usually prefers standing at the counter when no one's looking and scarfing all the kitten food.

This is the dog who won't eat his own food unless he's starving. Apparently kitten food is delicious.

On the fourth Bootstrap got into one of his Bootstrap situations.




























He got trapped by a plastic bag - like a pigeon in the garbage.

Bootstrap's favorite thing to do is crawl around in plastic bags. I accidentally left one on the table and he decided it was fair game. I gave him a few minutes of wrestling with it before walking over, and when I did this is what I saw.

First I ascertained that he wasn't choking and then I took a few pictures before letting him out. Am I a great pet parent or what?

Finally, today is a shrine to my ear drama.







































Long story short, I woke up at 4:45 am to a clogged ear and freaked out. The pressure got pretty intense and it really fucking hurt. My ear is still sore from everything I tried to do to pop it, which included Q-Tips, a hair dryer, a lot of ear plugging and ear pulling, and finally hanging upside down like a bat.

True to form I assumed it would stay clogged for weeks (thanks to google search horror stories), and that I'd just have to get used to the pressure/half deafness. But, eventually I fell asleep, some of it must have drained, and I woke up, pressed a pressure point outside of my ear, and it popped.

It was a hellish ordeal, I'm surprised I have the strength to tell it.

/dramatics

No comments:

Post a Comment