Friday, December 14, 2012

December 10th - 14th, 2012

I missed a day, but I have about a million pictures for today, so that makes up for it. Especially since the pictures today are of our Christmas tree which has a functioning tree stand and is NOT lopsided, in case you were wondering.

Anyway, the 10th.



































Those glowing eyes are Barnacle watching us after we left the house. Every time we leave, we see him in the bedroom window. It's cute/sad.

On the 11th it snowed like crazy and I saw Admiral being crazy.

























He's trying to play with falling snowflakes through the window. He did this for quite awhile. Eventually, he was joined by Bootstrap who looked at him like he was nuts. Which he is.

On the 12th I had the company of my studious husband.


























Here he is, diligently finishing his homework. He has become quite the honor student.

On the 13th I went downtown to run some work errands and saw this:


































A bear ice sculpture. I have no idea if he was later joined by other ice animals, but it's not every day you see a 5 foot ice sculpture of a bear, that's for sure. Unless you're an ice sculptor.

Finally, today we got our Christmas tree, which is sitting merrily by the window and is not tipping over like last year. However, the cats are overly interested in it and a lot of ornaments have been rearranged. I am also arranging for a spray bottle to shoo their asses away from my tree.

Anyway, here it is pre-decorations.


































It is smallish and quaint, but I like it. Notice the very sturdy tree stand, it's AWESOME. That tree isn't going anywhere. It also holds like a gallon of water and Admiral has spent a lot of time playing in that water. I don't know how we ended up with freak pets.

Anyway, here is Daniel putting the "star" on, which is really a snowflake.


























































It sadly lilted to the side. One day we'll find a good tree topper that is NOT an angel. Wtf happened to actual stars going on the top of the tree? I just want a star.

Here it is in all its glory.


































Here are some of my favorite ornaments.





































We got the Ansbach downtown ornament this year at the Christmas market. The others are favorites for various reasons, mostly that they're awesome.

My house finally feels ready for Christmas, even if my present list isn't quite finished. Oh well, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment