Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 22nd - 24th, 2012

I had another picture all lined up for the 22nd, but then a completely natural domestic scene sprung up and requested to be captured.




























There was no staging in this photo, this is literally what was happening and nothing else. I looked over and noticed that Daniel was playing with Bootstrap very contentedly, then I noticed that Barnacle was practicing kneeling at the foot of his master. Mostly I noticed that this is my weird little family in a serene moment; no one has pooped on the floor or eaten a wad of toilet paper, and thus: life is good.

On the 23rd I got the best Christmas gift, ever.







































An ornament of Tim Allen and I, in love.

My sister in law sent me this ornament, and I'm really sad that it's not Christmas so I can't stare at it all day long. Beside Jeff Goldblum, Tim Allen is my secret love.

It's an inside joke, obviously, but the sad thing is that it's led to my real love of Tim Allen. I am currently watching his new sitcom and I recently enjoyed watching Wild Hogs at work. If he were doing a stand-up routine in Germany, I would buy tickets. It's a sickness, guys. But, I love it.

Finally, today, another day of pet/husband weirdness.







































Barnacle is the dorkiest lap dog, ever.

I don't even know what to say beyond that. Here is my 90 pound dog sitting on Daniel's lap. They put themselves into these situations. No way in hell would Barnacle end up on my lap. These two are weirdos who feed off each others' weirdness.

But, I suppose they all make my life interesting, one weird turn after another.

No comments:

Post a Comment