Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 27th - 29th, 2012

We don't leave Barnacle's room open during the day, because he likes to pee in it. I don't know if it's a behavioral thing, but his accidents are significantly less frequent now that he can't go pee in his room every twenty minutes.

I don't know why he does it, so don't ask.

Anyway, we left his room open for a minute or two on the 27th, and it was the other animal that decided to be a freak.




























Bootstrap raced in to be in his crate as soon as we opened the door. He's making sure he maintains his status as the weirdest cat, ever.

On Saturday, I woke up and got Barnacle all ready to go outside. Well, I laid around for awhile, then I got ready to take Barnacle out. Anyway, I got him on his leash, opened the front door and almost immediately had a panic attack. I heard a weird sound, which I later identified as a flutter of bird wings. Yes, there was another bird in the hallway.

So, of course, I completely freaked out, running back inside and slamming the door. I ran over to Daniel and yelled, "Bird!"

He looked at me confusedly in his half awake state. So, again, I said, "Bird!"

He didn't immediately jump out of bed, so I elaborated, "BIRD! There's another bird in the hallway!"

"Oh," he said. He clearly did not think it was the same panic situation that I did.

I, on the other hand, was freaking out. There was a bird in the hallway and I had the dog on a leash, a dog who needs to go out immediately after he is un-crated lest he has an accident, and he had been uncrated for at least three minutes. So, in my panic I said to Daniel, "What are you still asleep?! You need to get the bird out of the hallway!"

After some grumbling he begrudgingly got out of bed, put on my slippers and headed for the door. I stopped him on the way and told him to grab a pot to trap the bird. So, of course, he grabbed a pan.

"What are you going to club it over the head! That's a pan!"

He glared at me, went back to the cupboard and got a pot and a lid and stomped out into the stairwell. I took some pictures of his bird-napping adventure but I kept yelping when the bird started flying and jumping back into the apartment. After doing that about seven times, Daniel finally said, "Why don't you just stay in the apartment then?"

I figured he was right, plus I'm really scared of birds.

Anyway, I waited around, listening at the door to the sounds of bird trapping. After a few minutes I looked out the peephole and saw Daniel walking back, pot in hand. I opened the door and looked out, and this is what I saw.







































We had bird stew that night.

Ok, not really - gross.

I asked Daniel why he brought the bird back upstairs, and his reply was, "I figured it would make a good picture." Does my husband know me or what?

And, it does make a good picture. In a very uniqe kind of way.

Sidenote: Now Daniel likes to say "Hey, I saved you from the bird," every time he annoys me.

Finally, today is very bland considering Saturday's picture.






























After awhile Barnacle realized I wasn't going to play with him while I was reading, so he started playing with the cat.

Sometimes I think we should get Barnacle a dog friend, but then I realize we live on the fourth floor. Plus, he has Bootstrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment