Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26th, 2012

After a rather stressful work-week, three days off sounded like heaven. To be honest, the first two days weren't as lazy as I initially planned for various reasons. But, today was one of the quietest days I've had in awhile.































Not pictured: Barnacle sleeping on his pillow.

I think I've found the key to quiet in my household: start reading and they'll go to sleep.

Today I just wanted to read, after I finished cleaning the house that is. Either way, I spent 2 hours cleaning and then about 4 hours reading, so I thought that was a fair exchange. Anyway, I was near the end of a Stephanie Plum book, and I'm always itching to finish when I'm near the end of a book, so I spent a good deal of time reading. As I was reading, a magical thing happened; all the creatures went to sleep.

It was odd, as if I'd fed them sleeping potion. Honestly, it takes a lot to quiet down my insane animals. One or both is always itching to piss me off. One's in my purse, the other is chewing on a sock, and I'm tearing my hair out is usually the regular scenario around the house. However, as soon as my attention was completely diverted from both of them today the house went silent.

I'll have to remember this trick for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment