Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 8th - 10th, 2012

Three pictures - not even close to my record by far. But, I am going to try to stop opening every post with apologies about my tardiness in posting, I imagine it's tedious for more than just me. So, moving on.

Perhaps it's because this is my first time really owning pets, but it seems like I have the weirdest pets on the planet, who are consequently persistently getting themselves into weird situations. I did have dogs and cats growing up, and for the life of me I can't remember them being this weird. It might have something to do with how young both of my pets are and the fact that they're growing up together. Whatever the cause, here is a random odd moment between the two on the eighth of January.




























Normally I would attribute Bootstrap's staring at Barnacle eating to the fact that Barnacle got some sort of meat in his food dish that Bootstrap would like to devour because he is a fatty. However, then he would probably have his head in the food dish, too. On this particular occasion, Barnacle had nothing but dog crunchies in his bowl, yet Bootstrap was fascinated.

I don't know, guys, they're just weird.

The ninth of January is more of a cautionary tale to those looking to get pets - there is a dark side.







































Well, having a kitten is dangerous.

This doesn't really show the bruises from when he play-bites me. I'm anxiously awaiting him outgrowing this phase, I just don't know how soon it will be. But his vet visit today may have been a step in the right direction.

For today, Bootstrap got his balls chopped off.







































And he was back to being a weirdo after about ten minutes. Once home, he ran around like a freak, the only difference being that he seems a little doped up, his eyes are partly closed. I imagine tomorrow he will be completely back to his normal self.

Honestly, I'm having deja vu here, because Barnacle went straight back to puppy-crazy after waking up from the anesthesia. I think they are brothers from a different mother. Or species. Either way, they are remarkably alike and also crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment