Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 5th & 6th, 2012

I have an excuse for my tardiness and my multiple picture violation. My computer decided that Thursday was a perfect time to have a total freakout. It froze, flashed blue screens at me, flashed black and gray screens at me, and then it flipped me off.

As I scrambled to fix it I went through all the emotional stages of computer failure: anger, denial, depression, fatigue, a bottle of wine. Then, I put my internal hard drive in a ziplock bag and stuck it in the freezer for four hours.

Believe it or not, sticking the hard drive in the freezer was not an idea borne of the bottle of wine. Rather, I googled nerdy websites on my iPhone and one said to do that. For some reason unbeknownst to me it worked, and I was able to extract all three million of my pictures and back them up. I can't tell you what a relief it was to get access to my stuff and put it in a safe place. In case you couldn't tell, I like pictures, and I have about 8 years worth on my laptop. It would be a pretty big bummer to lose them all.

After backing up all my stuff, it took two more days of running scans and system restoring and uninstalling and basically nerding out to get it to a point where I think it's functioning normally again. I'm not banking too much faith on it, I've been burned by computers before. I have a new dell laptop all picked out if this one decides to completely fall into the dark side, or the blue screen, but I'm hesitant to buy it in case my current computer is for-sure divinely fixed. I'm hoping for the latter.

But now, what you actually came here for, pictures.

On the day of said computer chaos, a storm was a-brewin. January 5th, 2012.





























Well, it wasn't so much "brewing" as it was shitting snow everywhere. There was definitely thunder-snow and lightning, y'all. It was nuts. I fersure made Daniel take Barnacle out and stayed in my PJs, like a jerk.

On the 6th, there's just more of Bootstrap being a freak.






























I was looking everywhere for this weirdo, under the bed, in the closets, in the dryer. He was nowhere. Then I open the shower-curtain and he's just sitting there like a dope. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment